Weekly Wrap: Finding Balance Again

Hello there!  Once again this week my workouts didn’t go as planned but I’m ok with that.  I’ve had some aches and pains that I dealt with and pushed aside while I was training for my half marathon I completed a few weeks ago.  I think that now is the time to address that.  I’ll hold off on my sub 50 minute 10k.  My new goal is going to be focusing on strength training, loosing a few pounds, and building a strong base.  I have BIG goals for the spring next year!

This week I talked a lot about how we can take charge of our schedules to be more productive.  One of the topics was creating space.

I am taking my own advice from the week.  I am going to evaluate what I am doing and how I am spending my time.  I want to be sure that I have the time to invest in relationships that are important to me while allowing me the time and space to work on building up my business.  I’m currently evaluating what is working and what is not.  I’m going to cut back in some areas to help me focus on creating my first course.  I’m not ready to announce the details yet but that will come in the near future.

The Work Week

On Monday, I went to the gym for an easy run but my legs weren’t feeling it.  My knee has been bothering me and my calves just wanted an extra day off so I gave in.

Tuesday…..Tuesday…..I can’t remember what I did on Tuesday.  This has been a recurring theme!

Wednesday I smashed the screen on my phone getting out of the car so I spent time going to find a fancy new one.  I ended up with the Moto Z2 force and I must say, I love it!  I’m not a super techie person by any means but this phone comes with lots of fancy add-ons, a dual camera, tons of storage space and a really fast processor.

Thursday I had a dinner meeting at The Lamont with the Association of Operating Room Nurses (AORN).  It’s always a fun excuse to get gussied up, eat well, catch up with work friends and enjoy a beverage or two.  I was so chatty, I failed to get any pictures.

Friday

I went to Pittsburgh Fitness Project with Ciara.  Oh my quads!  It was a serious leg and core work out.  I really loved it though!  It’s been about a year since I’ve been here to work out.  This night we had a new to me instructor for the class, Sandor.  He was really friendly and told us that his main focus is to make sure that everyone is working out with good form.  Bonus points in my book!  Why work out if you aren’t doing the exercises correctly?  But seriously, I can’t say enough good things about the crew here.  I highly recommend them.  They are super friendly and committed to the overall wellness of their clients.  Most of all, they make working out fun and accessible to everyone regardless of your background or goals.

Saturday

We drove up to Mercer County to run in the inaugural Veteran’s 10k/5k.  We know the race director from his time working with P3R and the Steel City Road Runners.  It was really nice to see a friend doing what they love.  The race was out at a really nice park.  The course started with an out and back down the cosway then out and back along the paved trail.  The course was beautiful!  The only thing that could have made the day better was warmer temps.  We didn’t even take many pictures…it was that cold!

Since it was a pretty small race, we did well as far as placings go.  Aaron was 3rd overall male for the 5k and I was 5th female/1st AG.  Really I was just happy to see an 8:35 average pace after my hard workout last night.  After crossing the finish line, there was coffee and homemade vegetable soup (Thanks, Dennis!).  It was a really fun race that I would recommend if you are local.

Afterwards, we took my Dad to Smallman Galley.  And yes…I am obsessed! lol

This slideshow requires JavaScript.

Sunday

I went to the gym this morning to multitask.  While I was on the bike working out my legs with an easy ride, I was busy working away on my phone to plan things out for this week.  After that, I went to meet up with NeCole for brunch at Di Annoia’s Eatery in the Strip district.  This place is so good!  I can’t wait to go back!  NeCole and I chatted business and swapped tips with each other.  I love how supportive this community is…it is the best!

Then home to food shop, meal prep and get ready for the week!

This week, I’m linking up with Steff of RunSteffRun and Tricia and HoHo for the Weekly Wrap

How do you keep balance in your life?

November 12, 2017 at 8:09 pm

It’s good to adjust your goals from time to time! Have a great week

November 12, 2017 at 9:32 pm

Thanks, lady! You too!

November 12, 2017 at 8:22 pm

I’m not great at balance but I usually am able to keep my work confined to weekdays. I need more daily balance though.

November 12, 2017 at 9:33 pm

That is actually a great thing! Keeping your work confined to week days! Balance is a hard thing to find.

November 12, 2017 at 8:34 pm

I haven’t been doing a very good job of balancing things in my life lately. Today I purged a bunch of stuff. That’s exactly what I need to do–tackle one room at a time. I just feel like I”m being pulled in so many different directions.

November 12, 2017 at 9:34 pm

I love a good deep clean! Focus even in small amounts helps to bring balance and get us to power through our to do lists. Great job with that!

November 13, 2017 at 7:26 am

Congrats on your 1st Age Group Award! When I get busy with work it is hard to find a balance getting my workouts in.

November 13, 2017 at 7:42 pm

Thanks! It’s so hard getting in workouts unless you make it a priority!

November 13, 2017 at 8:20 am

I’m sorry that you’ve been dealing with some aches and pains 🙁 Love that you made the decision to re-adjust your goals and focus on strength training.

Congrats on your AG award!

November 13, 2017 at 7:43 pm

Thanks lady…nothing that big. Just something that I should mind now so that it doesn’t become a bigger problem later.

November 13, 2017 at 10:05 am

Geez, all that food looks delish. Sorry about the cracked screen — always so annoying — but maybe it was just to get you to a better phone. 🙂

Congrats on an AG award! Sweet.

November 13, 2017 at 7:44 pm

haha maybe it was! I’m loving the new phone.
      Thanks!

Teresa
    November 13, 2017 at 10:18 am

Great week Sarah and congratulations on that speedy finish at the 5k! I feel like my life is fairly balanced these days …but it hasn’t always been that way. Back when my kids were young, under foot and involved in multiple sports/activities, I didn’t know what the word ‘balance’ meant! 🙂

November 13, 2017 at 7:45 pm

Thanks! haha I think that there are times in life when you are more balanced that others! I just need to find it again.

November 13, 2017 at 5:04 pm

I’ve been very out of balance between work and home life lately, but things should be settling down soon…I hope!

Congrats on your AG! Have a great week!

November 13, 2017 at 7:46 pm

I hope that everything quiets down for you soon!
      Thanks!

November 13, 2017 at 5:14 pm

I’m not sure if I’d consider my life balanced. I always feel I should be catching up on something… I’m pretty good (at times) of just letting everything go. Congrats on the age group placement at the 5k! I think soup is the perfect post race treat on a cold day. Thanks for linking!

November 13, 2017 at 7:47 pm

Story of my life! lol
      The soup really it the spot!

November 13, 2017 at 6:59 pm

That breakfast looks so yummy! I’m reevaluating my goals right now too. Balance is such a hard thing to strike. 🙂

November 13, 2017 at 7:48 pm

It was soo good (haha I love potatoes!). Agreed. I hope that you find what you need as your reevaluate your goals! I feel like we are just getting in to the season where everything starts to get rushed!

November 15, 2017 at 12:31 pm

Balance is so important to me. I need a life balance so work doesn’t drive me crazy and burn me out. If it’s busy, and I can’t stop thinking about something, I work after hours, but thankfully that hasn’t happened much.

November 15, 2017 at 9:46 pm