Weekly Wrap: Foodie Edition

Well…..this week really got away from me fast.  I had something scheduled after work just about every single day.  Combine that with really busy work days and I was drained by Wednesday.  To combat that this week, I am going in with a plan.  I will be more protective about “my time.”  And, I’m going to share a lot of tips on my facebook page so feel free to give that a like and follow along.

Monday – Abs and Glutes strength circuit

Tuesday – 25 minute run

Friday – 35 minute cycling

Sunday – EQT 10 miler

If I’m going to get back on track with my sub 50 10k, I need to get some solid workouts in this week.  We shall see how it all shakes out!

Eat All The Foods

I could easily have turned my blog in to a food blog this week though!  So let’s share that.

On Wednesday, I went to meet up with a friend to talk shop about essential oils.  I have been using them for about a year and have decided to become a rep through DoTERRA (PS – I love using my oils.  If you have any oily questions, let me know!).  We went to Smallman Galley which has been on my list of places to go for quite some time.

This is a genius place.  There are 4 kitchens and 2 bars in the middle of a self seating area.  Every 18 months, they change out the chefs.  This is meant to be a launching pad for new restaurant options in the city.  They offer training to the chefs and provide them with a period of time to hone their skills while building up a following.

And the food is great!  On Wednesday when I was there, I had the pumpkin curry noodle bowl.  I was a little nervous about the curry spices.  This was very balanced and so tasty!

On Saturday, I went back with hubs because I had heard such rave reviews about the pizza shop.  They were closed when we first arrived so we started with the croque madame.  It was amazing!  I was a little skeptical about this because I felt that it might be a little basic compared to all of the other really interesting options.  It. Did. Not. Disappoint!  They really elevated this dish.

Then finally, we got the pizza.  A thick, cheesy pizza topped with prosciutto, arugula, pistachios, and shaved parmesan cheese.  It was quite delicious.  It reminded me of the old school pan pizzas from Pizza Hut but way better.  The crust was delicious and you just can’t go wrong by putting prosciutto on anything!

Also on Saturday, I had lunch with Ciara at B-52 café in Lawrenceville.  This is a really cute vegan bistro that is dishing up tasty food options plus amazing drinks.  On Saturday, I got the pumpkin spice latte with avocado toast and almond cashew yogurt with fruit compote and muesli.  Delish!  The Avocado toast is topped with a tahini drizzle which is now my new favorite way to eat avo toast.

On Sunday, after the race I took hubs back and got the same exact thing!  It was that good!  I just swapped out the PSL for a matcha latte instead.  Hubs got a mushroom and kale flatbread and the potato and carrot latkes.

So if you ever travel to Pittsburgh, let me know…I’ll tell you all of the best places to go eat!

EQT 10 miler race recap coming up soon!

This slideshow requires JavaScript.

This week, I’m linking up with Steff of RunSteffRun and Tricia and HoHo for the Weekly Wrap

Did you race this weekend?

What’s your favorite restaurant in your city?

November 5, 2017 at 7:20 pm

Yes, I did race this weekend…a 10K, none the less. I like doing races of all distances, but seldom ever have that “racer” mentality. I’m wondering if should consider focusing on one main distance for awhile and not do such a hodge podge of stuff…but I know I’ll have FOMO if I take a pass on some races….#runnerprobs LOL

November 6, 2017 at 6:43 pm

I feel ya…we do a lot of races but don’t often race them. I think that it’s fun to get out there and run in that atmosphere but when I’m focused on a goal I’m usually focused on one thing at a time. Great job at your 10k!!

November 5, 2017 at 8:06 pm

I was pretty skeptical about oils and then a woman in my yoga class gave me some doTerra deep blue oil, which I’ve been putting on my achy elbow. It’s actually helping. I think I need to buy some. Can you hook me up?

November 6, 2017 at 6:44 pm

They are great, huh? I would love to chat oils with you. I’ll drop you a message through your blog!

November 5, 2017 at 9:35 pm

All that food looks so tasty! I have never been out and about in Pittsburgh.

November 6, 2017 at 6:44 pm

Thanks! It was really good!

November 5, 2017 at 10:02 pm

I love the concept of that, training chefs and having a new menu. That pizza sounds delicious too. Can’t go wrong with prosciutto.

November 6, 2017 at 6:45 pm

I know! I thought that it was a really cool program. The pizza was quite tasty!

November 6, 2017 at 12:27 am

Great job getting in your workouts this week – you were definitely super busy this week!
    I love all your food photos 🙂 It makes me want to go out and try some new restaurants.

November 6, 2017 at 6:45 pm

thanks! Not what I had planned for the week, but I’ll take it.
      It’s always fun to try a new restaurant!

November 6, 2017 at 4:27 pm

I like curry spices and would be very interested in trying it with pumpkin flavor. Pistachios on pizza? Sounds yummy. I love deep dish pizza crust too. Thanks for linking!

November 6, 2017 at 6:46 pm

The pumpkin and curry was on point! Definitely something I couldn’t pull off making at home.

November 6, 2017 at 7:12 pm

That dress!! I’m glad you had a fun food week! It’s totally alright to have a week like that.

November 7, 2017 at 5:23 pm

Thanks, lady! It was a pretty fun week!

November 6, 2017 at 8:47 pm

I need to get to Smallman Galley! I’ve heard such great things about it. I think I’d love the pumpkin curry! B-52 is delicious, but I haven’t been back because it’s such a cramped space. I’d get takeout from there again though!

November 7, 2017 at 5:24 pm

Yes! B-52 is pretty small…you have to get your timing right when you plan on going!

Marcia
    November 6, 2017 at 9:51 pm

Would you look at that pizza! Hooray for a fun food week! This week will be nutso for me. I’ve got at least 3 maybe more things every single day until I head to Vegas. No time to pack!

November 7, 2017 at 5:23 pm

I hate weeks that are really busy like that but you have an amazing trip to look forward to! Can’t wait to hear about it!

Jessie @ The Acquired Sass
    November 7, 2017 at 10:57 am

JK – I believe I figured out who the mystery Sara commenting on my blog was.

I’ve been wanting to try Smallman Gallery for a while now, I love the concept of being able to order from several different places. 🙂

November 7, 2017 at 5:20 pm

lol yes! I’m the mystery Sara.
      You need to try Smallman if you haven’t been yet! The food is amazing!

November 8, 2017 at 6:51 am

Sounds like a great way to fuel up for the EQT! 🙂